In a blog entitled, “Direct Mail Do’s” on the Symbion Marketing blog, the author gives some great tips on how to create and manage a successful direct mail marketing program. Regardless if you’re mailing card mailers, postcards, statement printing, or invoice printing, these words of advice will help you reach people and convince them to act on your offer.
In the blog, the author gives us ten tips. These include:
- Setting goals
- Knowing your audience
- Not limiting your mailing to one contact per company
- Asking yourself what’s in it for them?
- Being direct and concise
- Using color
- Using odd sized post cards or packages
- Knowing your postal regulations
- Having realistic expectations
- Knowing that it works